How to protect your home from urine stains?
A clean home creates a happy environment. Which is why maintaining sanitary conditions at home is essential for your and family’s health. However, it is easier said than done, especially when you have pets or small children at your home, who might accidentally urinate in the home at times. To help you get through this unappealing situation, here are a few tips for urine stain removal. These can help you clean your fabrics, upholstery, and mattresses in an efficient manner. You will also be able to get rid of their uncomfortable stench by using the below mentioned urine stain removal techniques.
- Liquid detergent – Fresh urine stains must be immediately soaked in cold water, you can then wash them with hot water using a liquid detergent.
- Baking soda – If the urine odor is strong add one cup of baking soda while soaking the clothes to get rid of it.
- Vinegar/Apple cider vinegar – Looking for a natural solution? Then dip the clothes in white vinegar for 45 minutes or use a dilute solution of apple cider vinegar spray on the stain to degrade the stain. The spray can be a handy tool while cleaning your carpets and upholstery. Subsequently, gentle rubbing and cleaning with water will conclude the urine stain removal process.
- Ammonia – Dissolve a cup of ammonia in half a cup of water. Use this solution to soak clothes or spray it to get rid of the stain.
- Disinfectants – Add a disinfectant to the soaking solution to obtain useful results. You can also add essential oils like lavender to get rid of the urine odor.
- Commercial cleaning products – If the stains seem to be stubborn, then there are special cleaners available in the market also help in removing the urine spots from your furnishings.
The tips as mentioned above will help you achieve a spotless and healthy environment in the home for your children as well as pets.